Following are links to videos you can share with your village as you educate them on the importance of this cause:
- 785 Million
- You Can Change Everything
- Be Part of Someone’s Story
- Water is Life
- The Difference is YOU
- We Believe in a World Where Clean Water is a Reality for Everyone
- Meet Gladys
- The Living Water Project
- Download Flyer PDF
- Sample Donation Request Letter
- Download Logos
- Download Water Bottle Covers
- Download Event Invitation Template
- Download Font
- Google Drive of Water Images from Africa
- 501c3 Determination Letter
There are endless possibilities for ways that you can raise funds for your own peer-to-peer fundraising page. Use your own gifts and talents and be creative. Following are a few ideas that have been successful. Find more ideas for fundraising events on the events page. You can tweak any idea to make it fit you personally or combine several to attract more donations.
- Church Congregation: Most Christian congregations want to serve and to do good, but it can be difficult to find a project that truly makes an impact on both the giver and the receiver. Watch the video above as it follows one congregation from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints through their hugely successful Walk4Water fundraiser – it not only changes the lives of those they are fundraising for, but this fundraising activity has a profoundly positive influence on those who perform the service.
- Miles for pledges: Gather donation pledges for every mile you run or walk. Commit to run or walk a mile for every X number of dollars donated, or commit to a set number of miles and solicit donations for doing so. One family raised several thousand dollars committing to run one mile in a designated week for every $10 donated.
- Social media and/or email fundraiser: Simply make a social media post and/or email all of your family, friends, and contacts letting them know what you are doing and asking for their support. Include education and videos of the cause to increase participation. To make things even more interesting, find something outrageous that you are willing to do if you reach your goal – for example, commit to shaving your head on Facebook live (or email out a video, video links listed below) if you reach your goal amount.
- Family/Group Sponsorship: Enlist your extended family, neighborhood, work team, or any group in sponsoring a borehole together. In lieu of Christmas presents for each other, an extended family could commit to sponsoring a borehole. Alternatively, family members could donate and sponsor a borehole together as a gift to other family members or in honor of other family members. It is a wonderful gift to see the pictures and videos of the smiling faces of the villagers whose lives were changed by this selfless gift.
- Company/colleague sponsorship: Enlist your employees or colleagues in joining together to sponsor one or more boreholes. As a company, have each employee decide individually something they would like to do to raise money or come up with group fundraising ideas. Provide a reward (jeans on Friday, a reward day or trip, etc.) if the company or team is successful at meeting their fundraising goal. If you are an employee, pitch this idea to your boss and colleagues as a way to join together in creating profound goodness in the world.
- Auction: The church congregation in the video above raised some funds through a service auction. This can also work with items donated and shipped through an online auction.
- Ways Children Can Participate: Children love to be involved and get excited about helping children in another part of the world. You can enlist your children in any of the ideas above. They also like having a bake sale, donating lemonade stand money, or helping with a car wash. Remind them that every dollar they raise will give water to one person for the rest of their lives. It is impressive how they can change a life with such a relatively small amount of money.